In the year to come, artist Ruth Chase (that’s me) will lead an artist-in-residence with Nevada County Arts for a new initiative called Belonging. Belonging is a community art program that centers around our vulnerable mountain home and the people who tend it, love it and depend on it in Nevada County, CA.
Ways to Participate
- Join NCArts Belonging Facebook group where each week Chase throws out key questions about what it means to belong in Nevada County.
Facebook Group Search: BELONGING | A community arts initiative with Nevada County Arts Council
- Participate in free community art workshops held in fall of 2017 and spring of 2018.
- Help create a public exhibit with the work completed in the free community workshops.
- Attend BELONGING get togethers at key Nevada County locations, including Truckee.
- Volunteer at a variety of events, help behind the scenes. A great way to get involved in the community.
- Donate to BELONGING via NCArts. BELONGING is partially funded by California Arts Council and requires matched funding from the community. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to help with a donation, or contribute volunteer time. There are many ways to help.
Easy to donate $20.00 for the BELONGING project